My Favourite Books so far….
Expert Oracle Database Architecture: Oracle Database 9i, 10g, and 11g Programming Techniques and Solutions
book by Tom Kyte of “Ask Tom” fame continues to bring you some of the best thinking on how to apply Oracle Database to produce scalable applications that perform well and deliver correct results. Tom has a simple philosophy: you can treat Oracle as a black box and just stick data into it or you can understand how it works and exploit it as a powerful computing environment. If you choose the latter, then you’ll find that there are few information management problems that you cannot solve quickly and elegantly.
In Cost-Based Oracle Fundamentals, the first book in a series of three, Jonathan Lewis—one of the foremost authorities in this field—describes the most commonly used parts of the model, what the optimizer does with your statistics, and why things go wrong. With this information, you’ll be in a position to fix entire problem areas, not just single SQL statements, by adjusting the model or creating more truthful statistics.
- Understand sophisticated components that make up your Oracle RAC environment such as the role of High Availability, the RAC architecture required, the RAC installation and upgrade process, and much more!
- Get hold of new Oracle RAC components such as the new features of Automatic Storage Management (ASM), performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Packed with practical, real-world examples, expert tips and troubleshooting advice on how to administer a complex Oracle 11g RAC environment.
- Bonus Oracle 11g RAC R2 information included with this book and e-book
- This book is the updated release of our previous Oracle 11g R1/R2 Real Application Clusters Handbook. If you already own a copy of that Handbook, there is no need to upgrade to this book.
Authors:- Ben Prusinski, Syed Jaffer Hussain
Syed Jaffer Hussain